Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Finally gotten down to setting up a blog. My sis says blogs are superficial and ‘showy’. Said that bloggers wouldn’t pen down what they 100% truthfully feel as they know that their friends or other ppl will be reading it. Most often, they’ll try to be philosophical and draw quotes from ancient ppl who’re long degraded into ashes. Hmm, good point, sis. But whatever...I’ll still carry on with this blog and try to be appear intellectual. At least I’ll have people guessing if I’m intellectual or not. Then at least there’ll be a fraction of people who think that I am actually intellectual. Get it?
KKB hospital rotation was great. Turned out to be a semi-holiday - actually spent more time playing than doing serious stuff. Never had so much fun playing monopoly. Idiot of a HN actually mixed up real life with monopoly and agreed to trade properties for a plate of nasi goreng. Soon Han, winner of it all…got out of the game fast and got a free lunch. Good job! Oh yea, special mention should be given to the super gigantic fantastically huge cicada. Have you ever seen a bird-size like insect? No kidding, there’re plenty in Taman Seruling, KKB. They just fly out of no where, make that extremely irritating ‘kkkkkkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii’ sound and scare the hell out of everyone.
I think all guys should witness a delivery at least once. The blood, the fluid gushing out, the sudden pop out of a head, then the yanking out of the whole baby by the midwife…was quite a scene. Think if the lady wasn’t in so much pain she’d have been quite offended by us (20 odd medic students standing around just starring at her giving birth). At the instance when the baby came out and the midwife held it up triumphantly, I could actually feel my eyes welling up just a tiny weeny bit. Guess I was touched by the whole miracle of life. Wonder if it’s a female instinct thing…
Orientation’s coming!! Ragging’s back!! Think there’s a tinge of sadistic element in every single one of us no matter how one denies it. It’s the way the world shapes us. How do you justify that feeling of satisfaction when you hear of a rapist being sentenced to 12 canings and 10yrs of prison? Yea yea, I hear ya saying, “but it’s for the sake of justice that the offender is punished.” Well, what ever you say but the truth is, being a tad bit sadistic at the right times isn’t necessarily bad. Hmm…think I shall stop rambling here before anyone thinks I’m less intellectual than they start to think I am.
Sem 3’s coming in a week’s time. Oh crap…after slacking for the whole past 6 months, wonder if I’ll be able to make it. Definition of ‘be able to make it’ : squeezing as much knowledge as possible into your brain, regardless of whether or not it’ll come out in the exams. I think exams are only there to disrupt your whole learning pattern.
Oh no, just got news from Lena. Robbery in the Sri Petaling tim sum buffet place…guy got shot in the head there just because he refused to give in a Rolex watch. Argh! Sri Petaling is like what…2minutes drive from Vista! Super scary! And we always go there for our meals! And I was just reassuring my dad that KL is not as unsafe as he thinks. Apparently not. Argh!! The more I think of it the more paranoid I’m getting!! I’ll never look at that shop the same again. Ok, good excuse to stay at home and study for Sem3. Sheesh…I’m all alone in my room now and it’s like past midnight. Shall pray and go to sleep…

No comments: