Friday, May 21, 2004

I've just discovered something about myself that I don't like. It's not really a discovery, more of a trait that re-surfaced - I can't stand failures. I can't stand not doing well. Even when I know that failing in one small, miserable, insignificant summative really doesn't matter, I still can't stand it. I can't stand not being able to reach a personal expectation. And worst of all, I CAN'T STAND MYSELF BEING SO PETTY OVER THIS WHOLE ISSUE.
Think this blog is becoming a bit too self-obsessed. Think I should dedicate a bit of this page to friends around. Alex - the friend who calls me up out of no where to swoon over this chun girl for a whole 5 minutes, when he jolly well knows that I have straight sexual orientation and hence, does not feel the same way that he does. One of the greatest friends God sent to me. All the cliches like 'he is always there for me', 'he understands me best' etc etc...yeap, alex has definitely fulfilled them all. Cming - a true bugger . Rolls his head all over my pillow (to make it smell of his hair product) and then drools over it. Well, at least he has the courtesy to ask my permission before he farts in my room. Think God incorporated a songwriter + graphic designer + entertainer + comedian + super duper deep thinker + a plain noob when he created Cming. wait, is that statement considered blasphemy?
the viruses in my body have won the battle. Virus vs Aiky: 6-0. A whole 6 days of being sick. Antibiotics, running nose pills, cough mixture, chinese herbal tea, self-brewed chrysanthemum tea, vit C, salt water gargles can all go down the drain (in Tim's words, that would be: 'can all go eat shit'). having a nose block 24-7 makes you want to tear apart your nasal cavity to create an air passage. and if the tonsils in my throat was a person, I'd have labelled him : a useless piece of shit for not being able to carry out the basic function of defense against viruses.
Off to buy auntie anne's pretzels. It's bad for my throat, but i've already lost the battle anyway.

No comments: