Tuesday, February 14, 2006

"...if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matt 17:21

But what if your faith's as fragile as an old shred of thread, that all it needs is a little tug, and all that you used to believe in falls apart?

It hurts seeing close friends who used to run together with you in Christ deciding to walk away from the race. The rejection is worse than when non-believer friends tell you they don't believe a single thing you're telling them about God.

I tried to understand their situations-why they're falling away in faith. I prayed for more wisdom to say the right things at the right time. I included them in my prayer and think of them more. Then as I started to add more and more names to that prayer list, this feeling of helplessness and tiredness crept in. Is UK really the big black spiritual hole that sucks all Godliness out of you? Maybe it is. Then I came to the realisation that there's only so much I can say, so much I can pray. It's not my burden anymore. God will definitely reveal himself in due time. Rather than be overwhelmed by the disappointment of looking at them fall away, I should really be praying more and trusting God in faith that things will change for the better.

No comments: