I very rarely blog to kill time. For the simple reason that I kill time by doing more brainless stuff...like......um......um...ok, maybe I don't have much time to kill normally coz I can't really think of anything I do to kill time.
But anyways, let's get to the point. I'm sitting in this half-lit computer lab now and it's already 8.15pm...wondering when I'll ever ever get that last signature signed off. For those who don't know, Dundee medic students all have this much dreaded Record of Achievement (ROA in short) to complete. If you're an IMU folk reading this, ROA is like KKB log book times million times worse. And for paediatrics block, which is what I've been doing for the last 4 weeks, you get another ROA specific for child health that needs completing. you need to get signatures for clerking patients, examining patients, attending ward rounds, watching videos, attending department meetings. So here I am, with the deadline of 12pm tmrw to pass up my paediatric portfolio...without my last signature of 'neurodevelopment examination of a child' signed off yet and it's driving me absolutely nuts!! i've been waiting for this last signature since last week! and yes, i've seen loads of babies in the clinics, it's just i never ever get the opportunity to jump in and do the examination. man! I should really learn to speak up and bug the SHOs/SpRs to their graves! So yeap...even after a long day in Perth paeds outpatient(yes, there's a Perth in Scotland. it's only 30 min away fr Dundee), I have to come back to Ninewells for this one signature. And kids ward right now is completely chaotic with only 1 SHO that I don't see how I can get it done. And it's times like this that those totally useless, dreaded statements pop up in your mind: 'if only I had got it signed off when I saw that so-and-so kid', 'if only I was more thick faced and forced that SHO to sign it for me'...oh well, such is the life of a medic student.
Paeds block wasn't too bad at all. I've learnt to love kids more, and I don't think they mind me either. And hey, while I'm doing paeds, Tim is doing geriatrics as his first block in Perth(the one in Australia this time)...so how bad can it get? I still can't imagine Tim with his super big ear piercing clerking an old wee lady, with his tongue piercing flashing once in a while. have fun, Tim! try not to suck all the old ppl dry of their optimism :P Miss having you around.
ok i should really go back to the ward and stand in the way of the SHO or SpR until they give me that few strokes that will complete my portfolio.
Woohoo! DCCF CNY celebration tomorrow....can't wait. trusting God for miracles to happen. And they will because of all the prayers we put into this event. So if you're a Chinese in Dundee, see you there tomorrow 7pm, St Peter's Church.
Off to bug people now...
Thursday, February 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment