Friday, June 23, 2006

Totally burnt out (and dry as a marrow tap in myelofibrosis)

Hmmm. Actually I can't decide whether I'm totally burnt out, or just finding an excuse to take a break and not study.

But yeap, I can't remember when was the last time I felt so sick of the sight of books, of the sight of patient presentations, of my ROA, of wards, of patients (sorry if you think that all doctors should be compassionate AT ALL TIMES). Guess it has seriously been a very long year. But the scary thing is, I'm only a medic stud and I'm already starting to feel this way. Wake up, Aiky, you're going to have to go through this your whole life!!

Still so much to know, so much to do.

1 week to portfolio submission.
2 weeks to exams.

and then...
3 weeks to home.
4 weeks to electives with Prof Chen.
5 weeks to a beach hol with 9 Castle mates (if all goes well).

Sigh...Dear God, I really can't do this alone.

No comments: