Monday, May 14, 2007

My immune system is working...too well

It was finally a great nice sunny day in Dundee after a whole week long of winter-like weather (even though it's already May). So I decided to go for a run and bask in the glorious sun that my pasty white skin is so much in need of.

The run and sun were good......

until 2 hours later when I started sniffing non-stop, and my nostrils itched, and I started sneezing relentlessly. And in Saw Sian's words, 'I could hear your taufan-ic sneeze from my room'. Oh man, never knew I had hay fever. (Actually come to think of it, the air did smell weird when I ran.)
Anyways, none of my housemates had any non-sedative antihistamines. And since the sniffing was really affecting my concentration, plus my housemates were watching tv, I decided to abandon my plan to study and go have some Haagen Daz, stored in the fridge in our garage.

The icecream was good......

until the garage door slammed shut on my middle finger when I went to put the ice cream back. So now I have a itchy runny Rudolph nose and a throbbing middle finger.

It was my neighbour Tim who came to the rescue in the end and gave me two kinds of non-sedative anti histamines. Well, still trying to hold them off, just in case they turn out to be sedative to me. Oh and Tim was also the one who gave me this picture, which cracks me up everytime I see it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Although my housemates couldn't do anything from me, they were still the supportive bunch (like what they usually are) who never fails to see the funny side of everything.

Saw Sian: Aiky, you ok?
Me: Yeap.
SS: You want some rabbit food? (with a straight face)
Aiky: Huh?
SS: Rabbit food for rabbit to treat HAY fever.
Aiky : -_-"


Couldn't really see the connection.
Anyway, the day wasn't too bad actually considering I got to speak to John who is back in Malaysia :) Hmmm, right, should really go back to my work.

No comments: