Wednesday, July 07, 2004

The following is contributed by Bernard Lee
Sin is pleasurable. And we honestly have to agree on that. The pleasure that sin gives us satisfies our thirst, but temporarily. "Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again", that we return to it again, and again....and again. This is the birth of addiction and sin becomes master over us.

We are all thirsty.... for life. And when we choose sin to gratify our thirst, we take shallow drafts of muddy river water, which do not and will never quench our thirst. It would only set us up for a vicious cycle of addiction. Jesus is the Giver and Source of living waters, an artesian clear spring that is the ONLY water that can satisfy our souls' thirst."whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst."

Paul Jambu said in his lecture about a characteristic of an addiction being "preferring the gratification that the addiction can offer, over other forms of gratification." I pray we seek the Giver of living waters, and stop quenching our thirsts by taking shallow drafts that sin offers. NOT ONLY that we eat what is good, but let our souls delight itself in abundance. THEN ONLY our souls shall live and the water that Jesus gives us will become in us a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.

In Jesus is life, and the life is the light of men. I pray that those who have and are quenching their thirst with relationships with people or any sexual sins, will turn to Jesus. I pray for those whose hearts are buried away and dead, that they let it out to start thirsting again. I pray for those whose hearts are looking at the Lord and drinking the water that He is giving, that they continue to do so, learning to delight in the goodness of our Lord.

Hmmm, that was a good message.

No comments: