I love kids.
No, really, I do.
Ian, close your mouth and stop gasping.
Was doing ushering and seeing all these kids coming in with their parents for service. There was this little girl with brown hair and huge blue eyes playing peek-a-boo with me through one of the glass panes. No fear of what people think of them and obviously, untainted by the world's insecurities...what a life to lead! Sometimes, I'm almost envious of them. But then again...hmmm...I don't think I'd want to re-live my whole primary and secondary and college life again. Nah, it's not worth it.
And there's this boy whom I think is easily one of the most disobedient boy in the whole church. But he's the cutest and my favourite! Don't think he minds me too coz he actually came and sat beside me to let me see his game boy. (John, you're missing out!)
Worshipping from the back of the whole congregation while ushering is quite an experience. You see people of all different ages and races and nationalities lifting up their hands and praising God. And it's as if for one moment, all barriers of intercultural differences are torn down.
After 10 months in this country, I still find it hard to confidently walk on the streets of Dundee and not be weary of how the locals will look at me because of my skin colour. We are after all second class citizens, and maybe, to some of them, not as 'refined' a race as the whites. Got to remind myself again and again that there's no such thing as different skin colour in God's eyes and that I should be proud of the way God made me.
'Here there is no Greek, or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all. - Col 3:11'
Sunday, May 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment