The day I got owned by 20 mid age ladies.
So I was sitting at home with nothing much to do. Well, not exactly, considering I have to study for my ortho electives next week and really really get started with those 3 elective reports i need to submit. But anyway, after mom's persuasion, I decided to join her for her....*drum-rolls*...LINE DANCING CLASS.
Yes, you heard me right. The pass time that you think only mid age ladies do. Yeap, whatever, I went anyway. Well, when I first arrived at the place, horrors to horrors, guess where they have the classes?!? I know my mom told me all along it's held in the general hospital here. But she didn't tell me it's held in this open area where you're in full view of anyone walking by. So here I was praying: God, pls don't let any IMU students on attachment here see me. Or at least, let them see only the uh...well...ok....aunties around me (hey, how else am I supposed to call them?). Saw all these doctors and nurses walking past, but guess they're used to it, coz they didn't even give us a second glance. And besides, it's a class under the nurses club here.
So we started the first dance. The teacher was this retired nurse whom...i tell you...is in the same ranks of Jeng!! (for the benefit of non-IMU-ians reading this, Jeng is the unbeatable dancing king of my batch). Picture this lady, with short crop hair, slightly plum, but when she started dancing, I went Whoa! I want to dance like that!! Haha. Well, before I knew it, I was having a blast of a time! Honestly! I was having so much fun I wanted to chuckle out loud. Yeap, I understand why my mom says it's therapeutic now. then the teacher taught the second dance, and I thought hey, this isn't that hard, in fact, it's too easy! (muahaha, smiling with glee here)
But well, as always, I spoke too soon. I got totally owned by the 3rd dance.
Yeap, owned by all the other ladies in the class who learnt the dance in a snap of the fingers. When she started saying: ok, now make a 3 quarter turn, then do a mambo, then do a half turn, then do the rocking chair step, then the shuffle.... I was like: What?!?! and she started exhibiting all these fancy moves with her legs, PLUS make all these fast turns, PLUS shake her hips as if she has been doing it since birth...and then I made the mistake of looking around...hey, it's not only the teacher who can do it!! all the other aunties...e-hem...ok...ladies can do it as well!!! I had to keep telling myself: okie, you can do this, you can do this, listen carefully, rmbr the steps, come on...but at the end of the day, I still got totally owned by all the ladies there. And I was totally amazed by my mom's dancing. Seriously, no joke. I saw my mom in a different light. (Yes, pa and sis, stop laughing, you guys should seriously go join the class at least once).
At the end of the day, I totally enjoyed myself. I'd highly recommend it to anyone, seriously, young or old. Hey I'm not joking! And to those who think that it's only a sport for the upper age ppl, well, thikn again, I bet some of us can't even dance as well as the worst dancer in that class.
On a second note, do they teach humour in nursing school?? I find nurses one of the funniest ppl on earth. the dancing class had a couple of retired nurses and they're hilarious! the nurses in UK too...they come up with all these one liners that put everyone in stitches. Truely amazing. Wish I could joke like that.
Friday, August 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment