Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Malaysia...truely Asia...

Was watching the evening Simpsons today and heard the faithful roti-man's motorcycle horn. (You know those old Indian roti-man with a huge motorcycle and he sells bread, Hero, apollo, asam, all the junk food...if you can identify with me here, you're definitely Malaysian!) So I did what I always did as a kid...went to the kitchen, dug up some loose coins in the drawer and went out to see what goodies I could get. Woohoo, to my amazement, the roti-man still remmebers me! heh, asked me how come he has not seen me for so long. Bought a Mamee and a Cheezel. Mummy wasn't too impressed, "aiyoo....so unhealthy....don't eat la...". Normal stuff, it'd have been quite weird if she didn't say anything. But anyway, cost me 25 cents each. Hmmm...I thought iwas only 20 cents. And they seem to put so little in each pack these days. I'm getting old.

Been 2 and half weeks since I came back and feels as if I never left. Everything's still pretty much the same. You get the same old squables with family members at home, mom's cooking style has not changed, friends are still the wacko bunch who can't decided where to eat/which movie to watch, and we're still insulting each other like mad (in a good way that is).

The orang asli medic mission trip with Prof Paul was truely amazing. You really get awe-struck by what God can do. Will blog about that later on when I do get to load some pics up (Yeap, sad to say, home's still dial-up thanks to an RTM station tower near my house that apparently interferes with other waves and hence, we can't install broadband). But at the moment here's just one pic that I managed to load up...after 1 painstaking hour of waiting.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

that's lena and leeshien on the left. lena was part of the de-worming team and i think she pretty much scared away the kids. (but hey, it was a tough job getting them to take the medicine) there's this shot where all the kids in the photo were smiling, except for one poor boy...the boy sitting on Lena's lap. will load that up when i get my hands on some broadband connection.

Here's a shot of our cell group's night out before we left Dundee. that's my cell leader, Rosie at the back. great leader :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

To all who prayed and guided me for the finals, thanks. Praise God, I made it through. :)

No comments: