On the last day of formal medical education...
Diet of bread and endless caffeine.
The occasional chocolate (stored nearby) when bread in kitchen seems too far.
The relentless sound of typing and a sturdy laptop.
12 reflection outcomes
3000-word systematic review completed in 3 days
Sleep deprivation
Looming must-pass progress test
Portfolio exam - it makes or breaks one's future, for real
A wish that more time could be spent with someone else, and a wish that that wish need not be concealed.
A dire lack of medical knowledge.
Doubts of capability.
I wonder, if I knew all these thoughts would crop up the night before my last day of formal medical education, would I still sign up for med sch? Was it really worth it? Will it really be worth it? Amidst doubts, there is at least one certainty:
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. -Romans 8:28
Thursday, May 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
was trying to think of something cheesy to say, but its not coming out as readily these days.
Let me know when we can start calling you Dr Goh.
This verse came to mind from todays reading for some reason:
"...Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day." 2 TIM 1:12
Post a Comment